Every week, we are happy to see that the cow farmer brings milk at our door. We use this milk to do cheese. How? Let’s take a look at our recipe.
Skim or low-fat milk will not give you enough curds, so be sure to use whole milk.
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 liters of whole milk
- 125ml of hot water
- Heat the milk in a pot until approximately 90° C (it should start to form bubbles, but not reach the boiling point)
- While stirring add the lemon with hot water that will separate the curds from the whey
- Stir slowly 3-5 min until the whey becomes transparent and the cheese flakes will be 1 or 2 cm
- Let the curds through the strainer and gently rinse it with water (to remove taste of lemon)
- Add some spices, salt and whatever you want and mix it
- Put a plate and a full jar on the cheese to have some weight on it and let the liquid drop for a few hours. After this, it is ready to eat! The whey can be used for other cooking or for feeding animals.